LIVE STRONGER LIVE LONGER - OLDER ADULTS COTA PROGRAM
Here at 6 Degrees South Health & Fitness we offer an Older Adults Program which brings like-minded people together to exercise in a monitored and safe environment.
Would you like to enjoy a more independent and active lifestyle, now and into the future?
Do you want to improve your golf, tennis or bowls game, walk or cycle faster or further?
Would you like to meet other people your own age in a supportive, friendly environment?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above questions, you should consider strength training.
Strength training has benefits no matter what your age, but it is particularly important for older people. As we age, we lose muscle mass and bone density, resulting in the loss of function we associate with getting older. But you are never too old to gain muscle strength—and that’s not all you can gain! An appropriate strength training program can also assist you in:
- Maintaining (or regaining) your independence and ability to do day-to-day tasks and leisure activities—shopping, playing with the grandchildren, gardening, getting out of chairs and climbing stairs
- Improving your posture, balance, coordination and flexibility
- Feeling better about yourself—more confidence, self esteem and capacity to enjoy life
- Preventing or improving management of chronic conditions such as arthritis, osteoporosis, type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- Managing your weight – as with any exercise you are using more energy than you would if you were not being active.
Our over 50’s Older Adults program Class duration is 30 minutes and run 3 x per week on a Monday – Wednesday – Friday at 10:30am.
Cost is $120 per 3 Month Membership.
Contact us now to find out more:
Download our 14 DAY PASS – $19 and start your fitness journey now/today!
REGISTER FOR UPDATES